About Me

My name is Nicole, a multitasker who wears many hats - a mom, a wife, a full-time salesperson, and a self-proclaimed crazy cat lady. Despite my busy schedule, I find solace in creating DIY projects and unleashing my creative side through building, restoring, renovating, sewing, and crafting. With a passion for all things DIY, I have honed my skills over the years and am now excited to share my expertise with the world. Whether it's refurbishing old furniture, creating handmade gifts, or designing my own furniture or home decor, I believe that anyone can tap into their inner creativity with a little guidance and inspiration. Through my blog, I hope to help people discover their own DIY potential and empower them to create their own unique masterpieces. Get ready to be inspired and unleash your inner crafter with me, as I take you on a journey of creativity, sharing tips, tricks, and step-by-step guides to help you bring your own DIY dreams to life.

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Whats for dinner?? I have an answer!!!!!

I know this is a question I ask a lot, and my friends are usually quick to give some recipe suggestions. Today I am suggesting one. It's one of my family's favorites, and my husbands absolute favorite. Plus you can brag to your friends that you made a Moroccan Tajine. It's very simple to make, and very delicious! As a side to go with the chicken, make french fries. Moroccans usually put them on top of the completed chicken and sauce, but you can serve them on the side. Also for a true Moroccan experience try eating with bread as opposed to utensils. Sandwich bread won't work, so try to get some french bread or something like it from the bakery.


For the chicken you will need:
  •  1 whole chicken, or one whole chicken already cut, or about 4-5 chicken breasts (bone in)

  •  2 tablespoons of vegetable oil

  • 1 tablespoon of lemon juice

  • 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder

  •  1 teaspoon of ginger powder

  •  1 teaspoons of salt

  •  1/2 teaspoon of pepper

  •  a large pinch of saffron


  • For the Tajine (or large pot)
  •  1 large onion, grated

  • a small bunch of cilantro

  •  1/2 - 1 cup of water

  • 1/2 teaspoon of ginger powder

  • 1/4 teaspoon of salt

  •  1/4 teaspoon of pepper

  • a cinnamon stick (or a little ground cinnamon)


  • Marinating the Chicken:
    1- Mix all the spices with the vegetable oil and lemon juice.
    2- Rub the chicken with the spice mix.
    3- Cover the bowl containing the chicken with a plastic wrap and let it marinate in the fridge while you're chopping the onion and cilantro and getting the tajine ingredients ready.

    Cooking the Chicken - Tajine Style:
    1- On medium heat, add the onion, cilantro, all spices and chicken to your pot. Cover your pan and let them cook for 10 minutes.
    2- After 10 minutes,  add 1 cup of water. Cover your pan and let the chicken cook.
    3- While the chicken is cooking, stir it from time to time, also flip the chicken on different sides to ensure uniform cooking, and check out the level of water and add as necessary. Keep doing this until the chicken is fully cooked (it would take around 45 minutes to an hour).

    Broil the Chicken and Serve:
    1- Once the chicken is cooked, remove  from the cooking pan and place them on a baking dish.
    2- Broil the chicken in the oven for 5 minutes, or until nicely browned.
    3- Increase the heat on the sauce where the chicken cooked, and let it cook for few minutes so that it thickens.
    4- To serve the chicken, place it in a dish,  and cover it with the sauce
    5- Serve with french fries and bread...Enjoy!!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment