About Me

Some of you know me from my old blog "Moving to Morocco" where I wrote about meeting my husband and, you guessed it, moving to Morocco. Well, we're back now, and I want to write about other things (but yes, we're still happily married). There's no real subject to this blog. I just want to write. If you have a subject you'd like my opinion on, just let me know. I also plan on doing advice posts. If you have something you'd like an outside opinion on, e-mail me anonymously at nicegirlatl@hotmail.com! Thanks for reading!

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Reality Challenge

I admit it, I am a reality TV junkie. When I have some spare time to watch TV, you can bet it's a reality show. I watch them for various reasons, but mostly because I don't like to be tied to shows that require I watch them on a weekly basis. Most reality is good whether you watch it every week or only once in a while. One of my current favorite shows is Man, Woman, Wild. If you haven't ever seen it before, it's a Man who used to be in the special forces in the Army, and is a survival expert. His wife is a journalist. They go into different remote areas in the world and teach you how to survive off the land, should you ever find yourself stranded in one of these situations.They teach you how to build a shelter, start a fire, hunt for food, etc. It's really interesting and educational.

My husband was asking why I liked watching that stuff. I told him he'd be really thankful that I was watching these shows if we ever got stranded on a deserted island. That I'd be able to save us. He asked me specifically what I'd be able to do. I told him, "I could start a fire". There it was, I knew what was coming next. "Oh really? I challenge you to start a fire"  So there it is, I have to start a fire just as if I was in a survival situation, only armed with my tutorial from a reality series on TV. Awesome. I've never been one to shy away from a challenge, so at some point in the very near future, I'm going to be scavenging in my backyard for some sticks to rub together until I pass out, just to prove I can. Again, Awesome.

I will update as to whether it was a success or not....wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment