About Me

Some of you know me from my old blog "Moving to Morocco" where I wrote about meeting my husband and, you guessed it, moving to Morocco. Well, we're back now, and I want to write about other things (but yes, we're still happily married). There's no real subject to this blog. I just want to write. If you have a subject you'd like my opinion on, just let me know. I also plan on doing advice posts. If you have something you'd like an outside opinion on, e-mail me anonymously at nicegirlatl@hotmail.com! Thanks for reading!

Monday, September 20, 2010

I AM going to Heaven

I don't usually discuss religion, mostly because my religion is MINE. I don't have to justify my beliefs and I don't feel the need to have other people believe as I do. I am a Christian, that's as far as I will go about my beliefs here. I respect people of all religions though. Sometimes -some very few and far between times- I will engage in religious conversation. One conversation I had a few months back sticks in my head. Actually not the whole conversation, but one sentence in particular. A really nice girl that goes to church regularly, consults God on all of her decisions, teaches a Sunday School class told me she was "absolutely positively 100% sure" she was going to heaven.

I am a good person, I don't do drugs, I don't drink, I don't cheat, I don't lie, I don't steal, etc. But I am not 100% sure without a doubt going to heaven. I think God is the one to judge us, and I think it's laughable that we can stand here and judge ourselves and each other. Who am I to say who is going to heaven and who is going to hell?  I think if we just believe no matter what we're going to heaven, then what's our reason for being good? Since I don't generally speak about religion with people and I don't go to church I wonder if I am the exception on this subject. Are Christians taught to believe, without a shadow of a doubt, that they'll end up in heaven?

No comments:

Post a Comment