About Me

My name is Nicole, a multitasker who wears many hats - a mom, a wife, a full-time salesperson, and a self-proclaimed crazy cat lady. Despite my busy schedule, I find solace in creating DIY projects and unleashing my creative side through building, restoring, renovating, sewing, and crafting. With a passion for all things DIY, I have honed my skills over the years and am now excited to share my expertise with the world. Whether it's refurbishing old furniture, creating handmade gifts, or designing my own furniture or home decor, I believe that anyone can tap into their inner creativity with a little guidance and inspiration. Through my blog, I hope to help people discover their own DIY potential and empower them to create their own unique masterpieces. Get ready to be inspired and unleash your inner crafter with me, as I take you on a journey of creativity, sharing tips, tricks, and step-by-step guides to help you bring your own DIY dreams to life.

Monday, September 20, 2010

I AM going to Heaven

I don't usually discuss religion, mostly because my religion is MINE. I don't have to justify my beliefs and I don't feel the need to have other people believe as I do. I am a Christian, that's as far as I will go about my beliefs here. I respect people of all religions though. Sometimes -some very few and far between times- I will engage in religious conversation. One conversation I had a few months back sticks in my head. Actually not the whole conversation, but one sentence in particular. A really nice girl that goes to church regularly, consults God on all of her decisions, teaches a Sunday School class told me she was "absolutely positively 100% sure" she was going to heaven.

I am a good person, I don't do drugs, I don't drink, I don't cheat, I don't lie, I don't steal, etc. But I am not 100% sure without a doubt going to heaven. I think God is the one to judge us, and I think it's laughable that we can stand here and judge ourselves and each other. Who am I to say who is going to heaven and who is going to hell?  I think if we just believe no matter what we're going to heaven, then what's our reason for being good? Since I don't generally speak about religion with people and I don't go to church I wonder if I am the exception on this subject. Are Christians taught to believe, without a shadow of a doubt, that they'll end up in heaven?

No comments:

Post a Comment